Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hi I Need give support to next to Foreign Power Converting on Laptop?

I am travelling to India subsequent month and I will be taking my Lap top along. I have purchased 2 step down power converters. One beside 50 Watts Capacity and another with 1600 Watts Capacity. Now I dont know which one to use for my laptop. FYI: India uses power 220V/240V. My Laptop power Adapter say 65 Watts. But I dont see Watts info on my Laptop itself.


Answer:

Most laptops don't require a power converter. The laptop adapter plugs do conversions for you. Look for the voltage necessary for the laptop (it will be surrounded by the rectangular block of the plug in the middle of the wires). You should see something similar to 100-240V. This means you can use any power source that have voltage in that span.

No comments:

Post a Comment