Tuesday, September 21, 2010

How do I connect wires between modem and router to use my wireless service?

I own wireless service available, but I don't know how to plug into it. I have a nouns top, a modem, and a router. Can you direct me?


Answer:

First, you need an Ethernet cable. Take the Ethernet cable, and plug it into your modem, and the other running out goes into the Internet port surrounded by your wireless router. In your wireless router, you will see ports labeled LAN1, LAN2, LAN3, and LAN4. Those are for other computers that you want to have Internet. That cable coming from your modem to the Internet port within your router is the source for your wireless internet and the ports labeled LAN1, LAN2, LAN3, and LAN4. Your wireless router and modem are now setup for wireless internet access.
Just connect the modem to the WAN port on the router. Next check the settings on your router to product sure wireless is enabled and otherwise configured appropriately. The manual for the router should meander you through the configuration.



You likely will call for to connect your laptop by wire to the router to set it up.


No comments:

Post a Comment